5 Networking Groups and Events in Wilmington, NC You Don’t Want to Miss
As deeply rewarding as being an entrepreneur or small business owner is, it is also very challenging. Part of the challenge is continuing to learn new things, staying up on the latest trends, and evolving with the dynamic business world we’re in.
Luckily, networking can help relieve some of this pressure.
High quality networking groups and events aren’t about selling your business to others or socializing with friends. Rather, networking gives you a chance to meet like-minded entrepreneurs you can chat with and learn from. And if you stick with it long enough, you may even gain insights you can leverage to help grow your business.
Here are 5 networking groups and events for entrepreneurs in Wilmington, NC you should try at least once.
The Benefits of Networking
Despite all the digital means we have to communicate, interacting with people face-to-face is still the best way to build meaningful conversations and relationships with people. That’s why networking is so beneficial in an exciting, growing city like Wilmington.
While the benefits of networking are endless, some of the top advantages for entrepreneurs like yourself include:
- Gaining new insights. No matter where you’re at in your career, you never want to stop learning. There will always be someone who can teach you something new or give you a new perspective on a topic. Networking offers a good environment to ask questions and learn from others.
- Building your reputation. Besides learning new things, networking gives you the chance to share your own expertise and build a positive reputation for yourself. Building a network will help get you noticed more and more around Wilmington.
- Partnerships and referrals. You should never use networking as an avenue to sell your products or services. That being said, as you’re conversing with others and relationship building, don’t shy away from swapping business cards or LinkedIn profiles. This can lead to partnership opportunities and business referrals to help your company grow.
Networking Groups and Events in Wilmington
Below are some of the most popular networking groups and events in Wilmington that you can take for a test run:
- Port City Young Professionals (PCYP). Founded in 2009, PCYP is a great group for young professionals and entrepreneurs to get involved in the Wilmington business scene, meet regional business leaders, and find committee and board experience.
- Networking For Entrepreneurs in Wilmington. This networking group strives to make the Wilmington region a more nurturing community for entrepreneurs and their start-ups. The group holds monthly events about sales and marketing, mentorship, investor pitches, and much more.
- Women In Networking. Women in Networking has a Wilmington chapter specifically for women entrepreneurs and business owners who want to interact and build relationships with other link-minded and passionate business women.
- Wilmington Elite Networking. Powered by Rockstar Connect, this event is more of a mix-and-mingle session where you can grab a drink or two after work and build new business connections. This specific event will take place on November 14th from 6-8 pm at The Joyce Irish Pub.
- Wilmington Networking BNI. Business Network International (BNI) in Wilmington works to connect local business professionals and entrepreneurs together to learn from each other and develop referral networks to drive greater business and sales.
Electronic Merchant Services Supports Wilmington Entrepreneurs
Electronic Merchant Services in Wilmington provides reliable credit card machine and online payment processing solutions to help Wilmington entrepreneurs run their businesses successfully.